View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #81
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The US Constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Here is a link which may make your hair stand on end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0cu...eature=related...
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
Okay. I just finished watching. I took four pages of notes...The District of Columbia...has its own Constitution??
This video is part of the documentary Ring of Power; Empire of the City by Amenstop Productions. I was so impressed with it that I purchased the DVD set for any additional features it might include, etc. On the DVD box was an URL for a website associated with Amenstop Productions, www.helpfreetheearth.com.

From the website I got the name of the producer, Grace Powers, and her email address.

I emailed her asking her the source for the assertion that the District of Columbia has its own Constitution.

Her response was to read The Empire of the City by E. C. Knuth. Well, I purchased the book, and I've just finished perusing the table of contents and the index, and scanning the pages about the Constitution of the United States, but I can't find one word about a Constitution for the District of Columbia...

Does anyone have any info on this?

Last edited by Seashore; 05-28-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Add info
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote