View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #77
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The US Constitution

On another thread I read the phrase the "masonic constitution," and because I've seen discussions about the founding fathers being mostly masons, I googled this to see what I could find.

I found a website that lists the signers of the Constitution and whether or not they were Freemasons. I see that James Madison, considered the father of the Constitution, is listed as "no evidence of Masonic membership."

Also of interest is that the site says only 33% of the signers were masons--not the majority as is often alleged.

Here's what the page on the website states:

"Freemasons & the U.S. Constitution

The purpose of this webpage is to present information about Freemasons and the U.S. Constitution. Most of the information comes from a booklet, Masonic Membership of the Signers of the Constitution of the United States, published by the Masonic Service Association, and written by Bro. Ronald E. Heaton. It was originally published in 1962, reprinted in 1986.

Please feel free to contact me with information, suggestions, or corrections about the information on this site. You can contact me by clicking on my name: Paul M. Bessel."

He states in his biography on the site that he is a Freemason and lists his Freemason history.

Here's the link:

http://bessel.org/constmas.htm

Last edited by Seashore; 05-25-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Add link to the other thread
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote