Thread: Discernment
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Discernment

Hi All--

I agree with much that ya'll have already expressed Re: discernment and what it is ..... and i particularly like this statement: "when one is regularly in relation with the heart, it becomes easier to distinguish what comes from the heart from what comes from the Ego."

For me, this reference to "the heart" would translate "higher-self" or God or Holy Spirit within. In my experience, discernment is a process that utilizes ALL the gifts we humans possess -- rational thought, experience-reflected-upon, emotions, intuition, etc. I definitely disagree with you, RichardT, that emotions are somehow 2nd-class human attributes attached to our lower/animal natures. I do believe using emotion ALONE in discernment results in flawed results, but i think they should be considered. Sometimes they may turn out to be a relatively accurate pointer as part of the whole discerment process, and at other times we may realize they need to be transcended to get a clear picture of whatever we're trying to "discern."

So anyway .... my thoughts, for what they're worth.

hippihillbobbi
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote