View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstlook View Post
Shiftmonkey Im not trying to pick on you but your posts represent a train of thought that I would like to point out.
Hey I understand. Really! and you can pick on me all you like. Just don't expect me to fall over and agree with you.

Quote:
It seems that your basic argument is that it is overall safer if we dont make it legal for everyone to use. Because The elites of corporate companies and other negative interests will use this to their advantage for more control. Im afraid that this is becoming a hard reality for "awakened" people to realize. The fight isnt going to end. Its called authority. They dont stop because we sneak around doing things instead of out in the open with no apologies.
You have completely misinterpreted my stance on legalization. See my answers in the previous post for clarification.

oh... and you have way too much confidence in authority. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Im sorry that things will escalate, but that is inevitable. Politics is a sink hole. There is always gonna be someone with a gun in their hand telling you what to do. Im also sorry that is so.
Have you noticed that you keep apologizing for the government?

"It's inevitable that things will always escalate?" "There is always going to be someone with a gun in their hand telling me what to do?" You have a pretty grim view of the future! Maybe you should take some of your own advice: "When you start assuming the future of the game, well your losing the idea of what free will is and its importance with the people."

Those things may be true in your reality but my reality looks quite different. Personally I feel that the government as we know it today will be history within 20 years, possibly sooner. The future looks pretty bright as far as I'm concerned, but I also believe that the next few years are going to be one hairy ride so I hope you've got your seat belt on.

Quote:
People need to understand that reacting to the government and authority is only useful in the moment.
The way I see it "reacting" is not useful at all. "Responding" is a far more effective means of getting things done.
Quote:
When you start assuming the future of the game, well your losing the idea of what free will is and its importance with the people.
I have not assumed anything. I have simply stated my opinion and it is my free will to do so.

Quote:
ok I'll stop now. I think my point is pretty clear and obvious. Atleast I hope to god it is.

peace
Yeah... I'd like to stop now too. Let's shake on it!
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote