View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #1366
judykott
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: X men - 5 Dollar Ft. long Subs-cryptionite

If you are a big corporation and you want a logo you do not go to a small agency you go to a large one. Just as most of the media whither it is radio, TV or newsprint is owned by only a few people as well as the outlets for news such as reuters. Advertising is the same, owned by a few at the top and they learn what works over time and refine it further from psychological studies.

We like to think we are complex and unique but we are driven by a few basic needs. That is why ultimately if they are a "good agency" they would still come up with the same things even if they were not run by Masons or Illuminati.

I just read a book by Daniel Levithin called The World in Six Songs or how the Musical Brain Created human Nature. Simply put it comes down to Songs of Friendship, Joy, Comfort, Knowledge, Religion, and Love and how they have been sung for tens of thousands of years. Songs are selling us something as well something to feed out emotions.

Developing that neurological observation , Levitin shows how music and dance enabled the bonding and friendship necessary for society, science , and art to evolve.

Emotions is what makes us feel alive, drives us, thrives, or makes us dive into the pits of depression. But as the song goes "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all". Advertising plays on all of the same things.

I had a couple of retail stores for years, so I bought advertising. I designed many of the ads myself, I figured I had years of experience based on what worked for me,what didn't but also viewing from my customers point of view. Think about it if you were given a project to come up with an ad you would instinctively come up with something based on the archetypes and based on pulling on some human emotion through visual and audio means.

As the years have gone by in advertising it has become quite a "craft". My premise is even if you were not a Mason, you would have learned the craft in a University which would have taught you what they wanted anyway. Even if you did not you would be influenced anyway from a life time of exposure to the ads they put out in the world. Even without watching TV you can not walk down a street or go anywhere without being exposed to it. Music is a large component in advertising, it sets the tone so to speak as it does in movies cuing you in to what emotion they wish to evoke from you.

The trick of the advertising is they work on an emotion, and sell you on the idea that things will make you happy, things will complete you, things will make you popular, things will find you love, things will give you comfort, and make you smart. It is again a trick to look for the external instead of the internal.

Here is where I find Levitin view lacking about music, so even though his book was not about advertising music is and integral part of it except for in print. With music they have taken it out of the community out of family, where we once gathered around the campfire with our tribe, our community. Instead it comes through black boxes, with the words they choose with the average American hearing over five hours of music a day. That is a lot of programming they are doing. We are attaching ourselves to music stars, but they are detached from us not part of our community. It is ultimately a hollow attachment of being connected to something and someone who is not really a part of your life, an illusion.

When singing levels of oxytocin, melatonin, norepinephrine, and epinephrine all increase. It is one of the reasons when in a church and everyone is singing together they feel so good. It is time to take back our singing and dancing into our family's and communities again, with our choice of words, songs, rhythm and beat.
judykott is offline   Reply With Quote