View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Angel of the Mists
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: * URGENT * Mind Parasites @ Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post

I get the sense that you want a playground where everybody agrees, and dissidents are evil. Rocking the boat is very different than thrashing the boat. Yes, stating the obvious.
Of course we can have debate and we may not agree with every view point, but surely it is how we disagree? What I hear Zynox saying is that sometimes there appears to be an edge to some of our responses, and I too have picked that up. One of the key words is respect. Each of us brings something different to this forum and we will have our own innate ways of communicating, but we also owe it to each other to listen and not to dismiss too quickly. And if we do not agree with the view being posed, then for me there is something about graciously allowing, because ultimately I may learn something or want to alter my own thoughts on the topic.

We are looking at the same thing more or less, but the view from my hilltop is going to be different from yours. Therefore we will each have slightly different perspectives, but surely the same goal?

Angel of the Mists
Angel of the Mists is offline   Reply With Quote