View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Pandemic Flu - Prevention and Treatment

Not too long ago an indian nation ask me to investigate an alternative to drugs for biological agents. I spent three months investigating the options. The most important thing to remember is that there isn't a "silver bullet".

It is important to remember that 99% of the people making recommendation have never tested the remedy they are recommending on a biological agent like anthrax, small pox, etc...

Yes, silver kills bio agents but do you know why? Do you know it does not build anyones immune system. It is a contact agent. Let me explain.

If you filled a 50 gallon stock tank with anthrax infested water and and you put col. silver in that water the anthrax will die only "after" it comes in direct contact with the silver particulates introduced into the water. And that is the same way it functions in the body, it must circulate in the blood stream and come in contact with the bio agent to kill it.

So it is like Russian roulette whether or not it kills the pathogenic microbe before the person infected dies.

But what about building the immune system? Yes, I've heard the tons of reports about "feeling better" after taking col silver and various other remedies, and that is great. But immunity is enhanced by making sure at minimum two things happen.

1) That the body produces sufficient numbers of anti-bodies to fight a pathogen.

2) That the anti-bodies produced will be able to recognize the pathogen so that it will be attacked and eliminated/destroyed.

So taking remedies that stimulate the production of the anti-bodies is important. This can be accomplished in various ways, but it is important to know which ones can be done over a long period of time. For example echinacea is often the botanical of choice for colds etc... but is should not be used over a long period of time. So a better botanical to enhance immunity (up T-cell count) would be astragalus. Astragalus plays a vital role in botanical remedies for the immune system, and has been used historically to treat infections of the mucous membranes of the body, especially the urinary and respiratory tracts.

Things get tricky is when it comes to the body recognizing a pathogen. And genetically modified pathogens are often modified to accomplish just, that when making a biological weapons.

You have probably heard about "cell wall deficient" pathogens. This is when the microbe's cell wall is reduced or completely removed so that the anti-bodies we produce to fight the pathogen (virus, bacteria, fungus, etc...) can't find or recognize the "bad" guys, Our bodies were designed to fight biological pathogens by recognizing the coat/jacket/cell wall of the pathogen., and if it is missing even an all points bulletin isn't going to help our body detect the bad guys that are running around inside our body, because they are undetectable.

That is the kind of EVIL cleverness that biological weapon designers think up when making these disgusting biological weapons. However, there is an answer, and I will post it in my next post.....
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote