View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do you think Earth bound humans will ever make it pass class ZERO/ONE civilizatio

Hi Peace of Mind,

It seems that you are having some some serious existential issues and they are not easily solved. I can tell you that they WILL NOT be assuaged by anyone here but by yourself. Had you stopped to consider your incarnation here as a possible vector towards learning the futility of working on others?

Perhaps in another life you had incarnated and had much success influencing others, leading by example and such...but perhaps its not for this time, this place in which you currently exist.

You are like many of us asking....Whats wrong!? Something is wrong with this world...many serious things are wrong...and everything that am told to do in order to help, everything I'm told by sages, mystics, scientists, and philosophers doesn't really seem to effect things all that much.

I try and tell people at first, and then realize the futility of telling people anything...crying out in the darkness. I therefore decide to work on myself, leading by conduct and by example. Still, is this affecting anything? The effects are hard to observe.

There is an old saying "The treasure is in the question, not the answer"

What does that even mean? Perhaps it means that everything is about Potential Just as the word "car" isn't a car, but the potential for one is there as soon as the word is spoken.

I think our development as a planetary society is about potential. Its there. All the pontential is there...will it ignite like a brushfire? Will we spring the trap and run free? Or will we fall further into the sleep of forgetfulness? Mankind becoming once again nothing more than a clever animal chasing eachother like rats in the dark.

The potenial is there....and that is a GREAT GIFT. To have potential---no matter how slight. Is it natural to express frustration at the percieved lack of progress? Of course. Yet as a little flower presses up through a crack in the cement so are we. We have our potential, and that is the treasure....the question that within each of our minds.

Do not be concerned. It is not being naive to adhere to :Consider the lilies of the field...." Those lillys are perfect. They are busy being Lily's so cannot worry.

What are you going to be busy being? Thats your choice and no one can help you with it.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote