View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The future of Avalon and Camelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
The controversy, as I can quickly gather, after my two week break from the forum, is mostly over a matter of removing content, that in Bill's, opinion, works against us all in terms of the "big picture." A decision to "pull" content should be the prerogative of both of the founders. The big "thinking point" here is whether or not the founders should individually use and enforce their discernment skills. Is that loss of freedom? No, not really. Removing disinfo is a decision that is content based, not personal or political. When one founder knows not to give voice to those agents of wrong, dangerous, disinfo, they should have the right to do so. If it splits the Project into two paths, then that is the best way to Ensure free speech. A positive B and K mitosis, so to speak. This way, members can get the best of both worlds, choose what to read, but still have both founders able to express individual discernment of that most important content!
I really like what you have said Linda. I agree totally. I am an advocate of free speech and I am sure Bill is also. He did not demand the thread to be locked, he gave his own opinion. I understand his opinion, after all, we are guests here, it is not a public forum.

We should be able to say why we are in disagreement with a certain philosophy. Personally, I see the thuban material existing to confuse and divide. It is not the first time I come across that kind of perception and I find it hilarious sometimes. But it's only my opinion. If others see something interesting in this, then it should be let free. As our disagreement regarding the material.

Sometimes, there are as many opinion as the totality of people in a group. We just have to learn how to give our opinion without reacting to others opinions like if it were attack on our beleif system. After all, the thuban material is nearly all about beliefs and perception.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote