View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
pablo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Time to liberate our computers in a massive way

Ok, seems to be a lot of interest ok here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post
I am interested in this Platform as well for Security and Preparedness reasons. Could You please give a likely scenario of how We would get it - Get it Up and Running - Then use it as effectively as We do now with Windows (Or Winblows as a Friend of Mine used to call It). Just flesh it out more for Us.

Quote:

remaster a technology is one thing, propagate it another, its a work for a community. all the information of how to download, burn into a cd or a usb bootable pendrive will be available, i prepared that stuff for this reason, to make it simple, with videos more than text, to make it more easyly to install
Please understand that what I think You're seeing in large part from the Lightworker Community or those You've offered It to is that - Once again on purpose with TPTB - They have most of Us pretty familiar with Windows and nothing else. That said - If People are familiar with another OS - Its usually Apple...

Quote:

The setting has been adecuated to windows users, windows common interface and windows style mangaement, to make it more simple than a traditional linux desktop. All codecs, dvd rippers, and apps are chosen carefully to replace each app in windows, including the capability to run some windows applications inside the system, like photoshop or MS office itself, even thought i dont recommend it, but the capability is present.

Now what I'm trying to elucidate here is that a lot of Us would likely use it if We new how to, or at least how to go about getting ready to use It.

Quote:
as i said, will be TUTORIALS to explain how to install, use and manage, the rest depends on the effort of everyone.
Like - How is Installation/Migration of existing Software (Anti-Virus, Apps, Multimedia, etc.) affected in Linux.

Quote:
u can work with linux and windows in the same computer, with a dual boot choose menu, this will let you work with both systems while u migrate, all the files ( doc, xls, mp3, divx, h264, etc, will be 100% compatible )

In linux we dont need antivirus, and we dont need "maintenaince" as an open source software, its designed in another way.
Most Peeps hear Linux and They start thinking Server Apps. Not as a Personal PC option. I know thats kind of wrong but what I'm getting at here is perhaps Peeps need to be shown VIA Logical Discourse by someone such as Yourself, how to go about doing what You've already suggested.

Quote:
I will prepare a video podcast talking about this "miths" about Linux.
That being - Switching to Linux...
Quote:
and here we go
pablo is offline   Reply With Quote