View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #11
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Freedom What does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
My comment refers to candidates for the House, Senate, and President.

What individuals and organizations are you talking about?

So you were talking about representing individual taxpayers when you used the word "lobbyist"?

Usually people mean representing corporations when they use the word lobbyist. And of course, that's what I was talking about.

If political contributions are outlawed and only people or agents of people, meet with representatives, that should suffice to clean up government.
For example: Ron Paul, and Campaign for Liberty. I would like to be able to continue to support Ron Paul. Both individuals and corporations should be able to pay an expert to properly represent their situation to a representative...in say...a 15 minute time slot. Would your proposed solution prevent money from flowing under the table? The crooks would just laugh...and change their strategy slightly...and continue their bribery and blackmail. My proposed solution of free airtime in the form of weekly debates and advertisement...would make the current corrupt deep pockets much less influential with easily swayed politicians. We the people would outspend the crooks by a wide margin. We the people also need to study our patooties off...so that we are not fooled by clever one liners...and so we are not confused by political mumbo jumbo. We the people make it way too easy for the crooks and outlaws.

When political contributions are outlawed...only outlaws will make political contributions.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 07-23-2009 at 05:29 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote