View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #44
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Calm Down, And Read It.

Norval,

i notice you often save yourself the trouble of responding to the substance of what a poster has written by picking ONE WORD or phrase out and using it to dismiss their entire post because of it. It's most probably just a program you've got running that your ego can hide behind because it must always be right.

Once a person comes to an absolute position on some matter his ego will insist on it to the exclusion of all assertions or evidence to the contrary. This reminds me of the catholic bible thumpers of the 16th and 17th centuries who insisted on their own unassailable interpretation of scripture. The only difference between their mental box and yours is that your rigidity is based on a different interpretation. Understand, i am saying that truth has nothing to do with my point. I am speaking of a state of consciousness. Could you have been a catholic insisting on a different interpretation of the bible a few centuries ago? Your words are different from the old catholics but to my ear, the music sounds the same.

My own views are informed by the bible and other books and by my own interior spirit. I go through a process of external and internal education in order to come to an acceptance of truth. But i am always open to new information in case my perception is incomplete.

Try responding to the substance of my post with just one word changed. It is bolded and capitalised below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
What is the 'open letter' you're talking about Norval?

I also ACCEPT that the fallen angels came here 100s of 1000s of years ago and have been incarnating on earth as we have for ages. They're obsessed with controlling everything and everyone. And yes the angels are extraterrestrial (having not originated on earth just like every soul incarnate here) but i do not accept that they are flying about in 'UFOs' and i don't like to call them "positive ETs" unless we call ourselves the same. No big deal. Obviously no soul originates from planet earth. We're all spiritual beings who originate in the spiritual plane and have incarnated elsewhere aeons ago before our earthly sojourn.

Consequently i don't accept that we or Jesus arrived in 'UFOs' (our soul/spirit simply incarnated here) or that Jesus or anyone else will return in one to give effect to a physical rapture scenario. When we have resurrected the negative aspects of the psyche we, like Jesus, can ascend out of the earth plane into spiritual realms and we will have no need for physical means of conveyance to do so.

Much of the bible is symbolic yet multi-layered and i have written about this at length on other discussion boards. It's always a contentious subject.
Also Norval....

Every fundamentalist insists that progressive revelation is invalid. Yet even though that is the process upon which most of the bible was written over many millenia, they 'believe' it all stopped 2000 years ago and will begin again in the future when the witnesses and Jesus returns. Consequently, and very conveniently, they can thump one book in the present and deny the spiritual validity and source of anything else since the 1st century AD. So nothing can add or take away from their interpretation of the old and nothing new can add to it. They're boxed in. I'm simply pointing out the closed mindset of fundamentalists of all stripes and saying that the same thing can happen to anyone who comes to a single interpretation of that multi-layered compilation of books, the bible.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote