View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #63
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Heather Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadalus View Post
Her writing is definalty not proffessional but I think thats because she was rushing and dind't care about grammer. If this was a fake latter than she would definatly took her time to make it as proffessional as possible. Secondly she has demostrated technical knowledge. How did she know that going through the stargate requires a few modifications to one body.
Hi Deadalus,

I'm not sure that she did demonstrate technical knowledge. One can find out that information about stargates without having actually worked with a stargate. Was there other technical knowledge demonstrated?

We pose the questions to ourselves: Why is the paper poorly written? Why is the grammar poor? Why is it not really the sort of paper we would expect from someone with a scientific backround? Why are the ideas scattered and unstructured? Why would someone with a Chemistry degree not use any words associated with Chemistry in the paper?

I feel so funny posing these questions as I am usually in the position of arguing the "other side" to my professional colleagues. I'm not even a skeptic!! I think there are Stargates. I think there are supersoldiers.

But I'm afraid in this particular case...the burden is somewhat on the poster to provide some bare modicum of substantiation. If for some one-in-a-million chance this is actual and "Heather" is real and telling the truth....well then she has done it so very badly (even as far as whistleblowers go)....that it is almost our job as rational beings to disbelieve it. If we don't then where is the line of our integrity drawn?

I am about the fairest person that there is. But I do ask for some rationally put together argument. I mean that in the nicest way possible---through a keyboard
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote