View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #1082
abraxasinas
_

Default Re: Thuban Q&A: (warning longer than normal posts here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippihillbobbi View Post
Dear Abraxas --

Hope everything is well with you.

I have been a Christian (Roman Catholic) all my life and feel i have had the fortunate experience of having had good teachers at a formative age. So -- this "upbringing," plus the obligatory tour through "new agey" type thought in the 70's, combined with some charismatic/pentecostal theology thrown in for good measure (!) as well as basic study of eastern (Buddhist, Taoist) philosophy -- these comprise the main threads of my religious education.

for some reason i felt like i should put the following statement in that context : my main problem with "orthodox" Christian theology is the concept of "substitutionary atonement." i DO believe that Jesus' life-death-resurrection is a pivotal event in human history, and an understanding of its significance has been pivotal in my spiritual growth and development. Yet, i could NEVER feel comfortable with the idea of God the Father demanding a "perfect blood sacrifice," in his Son's death.....to compensate for all human beings' failings throughout eternity. (Thankfully, there have been other ways for me to interpret the significance of Jesus' crucifixion in my life!) So anyway, perhaps you can imagine my delight in coming across these passages in one of the readings listed on your website. I thought maybe you could comment on these thoughts for us. Thank so much, AA.

"Below is the unedited dictations of Yeshua, channneled to Helen
Shucman and in cooperation with William Thetford. These channelings,
of course, made up A Course in Miracles."

"If the Crucifixion is seen from an upside down point of view, it
certainly does appear AS IF God permitted, and even encouraged, one of
his Sons to suffer BECAUSE he was good. Many very devoted ministers
preach this every day. This particularly unfortunate interpretation,
which actually arose out of the combined misprojection of a large
number of my own would-be followers, has led many people to be
bitterly afraid of God.

"This particularly anti-religious concept happens to enter into many
religions, and this is neither by chance nor coincidence .....

The real Christian would have to pause and ask "how could this be?" Is
it likely that God Himself would be capable of the kind of thinking
which His own Words have clearly stated is unworthy of man? .....

"Sacrifice is a notion totally unknown to God. It arises solely from
fear of the Records. This is particularly unfortunate, because
frightened people are apt to be vicious. Sacrificing others in any way
is a clear-cut violation of God's own injunction that man should be
merciful even as His Father in heaven is merciful."

hippihillbobbi
Hi hippihill!

On the highest levels of creation, the level of the source and the logos, there is no such thing as 'karma' and 'sacrifice' and 'atonement'.
On that level, there is only the source energy labeled as Love and the potential to EXPRESS this Love-Energy in whatever creative avenue presents itself in imagination and in imagery, say words and symbols and hieroglyphs.
This is why thought is followed by emotion/feeling about the thought is followed by (often ingenious) implementation and creation of the 'emotional thought'.

Jesus of Nazareth was one of many; BUT he remembered himself as existing before spacetime creation and THEREFORE, not because of any supernatural preconditions, did he MANIFEST the Cosmic Logos, hithereto laying dormant for anyone to 'take up as a CROSS' and to carry in the manifestation of this Logos aka the 'Office of the Plumed Serpent Melchizedek'.

Jesus so became the 'Office Bearer' of the Cross and his crucifixion was the physical manifesto of the office and had nothing whatsoever to do with 'atonement for sins=ignorance' and such dogmatic labelings.
Thousands of people were crucified by the Romans, but only Jesus COULD USE his own physical death to OVERCOME the grave in PHYSICALLY resurrecting.

There is a very simple reason as to WHY Jesus could 'overcome physical deterioration'.
Ordinarily, people who die, suffer decomposition and decay of their physical shells.
This then frees the soul, who then CONTINUES its evolutionary journey through the astral (hyperspace) and say the etheric (quantumspace) colocal dimensions until it potentially reaches the 'source-space' (omnispace) of the mythological heaven or nirvana.

Jesus KNEW, as the Cosmic Logos, that he had nowhere to go. He could not continue his own quest to 'find the source' on the soul level, because he was already AS ONE with the nirvana ('I am in the bosom of the father and the father dwells in me in the kingdom of heaven' and such statements of his).

So after 'death' Jesus' 'ghost or spirit' became as One with the ENTIRE UNIVERSE {John.19.30}.
This is simply the wave-particle duality of quantum mechanics applied not just to the familiar electron say, but to all the atomic and subatomic 'particles' which comprised Jesus' physical bodyform.
The physical realism of the resurrection so is nothing 'supernatural', but advanced quantum theory.

The importance of the crucifixion is so simply the FULFILMENT of the archetypes and as found in the Old Testament/Torah, which Jesus had studied and deciphered in preparation for the fulfilment of the timeline.
This is why refereces such as:
'..so the scriptures are fulfilled'; ...'as it was written'; ...'..everything shall pass awaym but my words shall not pass away'..etc. etc. are so prevalent in the New Testament.

The records of the channelings of 'A course in miracles' are ok in generality, but not complete in its claim of being the 'words of the holy spirit'.

AA