View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:29 AM   #28
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Giving raw food a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I actually took a short break to regroup but I just bought more frozen fruit. I don't think the blender is up to the task now because it's quite noisy and all but it still does the trick.

I almost ended up buying a Jack LaLanne power juicer but I lost interest when he showed the pulp catcher in the commercial. The pulp is where the nutrients are and basically, that's a device for people who aren't willing to take the time to make something. They just want to drop in fruit and have the machine take care of it. I prefer to take my time to create something.
Hola HJ,

Quite the contrary sir, the nutrients are in the juice Hence why the Gerson Method is so effective. You can reap an incredible amount of nutrition from juicing due to the fact that it's impossible to consume the same amount in the whole food equivalent (you can drink 60 carrots a day, but likely won't be able to eat that amount).

Wanted to check the thread to see how you were doing and to give you a good sandwich to try - has been a major staple for me for the past year.

Ingredients:
1) A good whole grain organic bread
2) Organic Raw Almond Butter
3) Organic Raisins, Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds (can pick and choose on the seeds as they don't offer much in the way of flavor - mostly for added nutrients)
4) 1 Banana sliced into flat quarters (1 slice in middle, then slice longways)
5) Raw organic spinach - cram a good handfull in there =)

Here's a good general resource for you with regard to pesticides in the various foods you may want to bookmark. Obviously you want to go organic whenever possible:

http://whatsinmyfood.org/index.jsp
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote