View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #30
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Sh@! Hits the fan in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
as long as your friends have their illusions of security first and prosperity second, no matter what that is for them, then your attempts to awaken them represent nothing more than a threat, in fact an outright attack, against the illusions that coddle their minds and bodies. good luck fellow traveler. i feel your pain each and every day i look around me too here.

a good friend once told me something that rings true as time unravels, that is "the hardest thing for anyone to experience in life is watching your loved ones destroy themselves and knowing in your heart there is absolutely nothing you can do". truer words were never spoken

I couldn't agree more. I'm living with my mom & her husband right now and I have talked to my mother until I could talk no more. she rather watch "The amazing race". Some people even told her husband to buy food to stock up, he rather watch Football every night and order take out. They are hypnotized and until something shakes them up big time, they won't wake up.
It gets lonely.

I move to a new place tomorrow and I am preparing to grow food in my new place. I WONT be sending my child to public schools and I do what I can "Fluoride-free" toothpaste and I also would like to see and protest myself.
Where is the outrage??!!! I say.
I guess people are kept so busy and distracted and entertained that the idea of protesting is shut down by all these distractions...
It will change I do hope. We are already the change!!
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote