View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #93
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Project avalon 2.. Are you havin a laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
this forum is currently RIFE with disinformation agents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
there are very few members who wont be invited due to persistent unconstructive behavior
Umm, so which is it? Is the forum "RIFE with disinfo agents" or are there "very few"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
think about it and stop with the 'somethings going on' routine.
That's the problem Ross, I have thought about it and read as much as I could, really I have tried to be as objective as possible, but it still smells a bit fishy and I still have questions.

Here's the thing I don't get (well, one of 'em), if there are only a very few members who are the problem on this forum, logistically speaking, is it not completely ridiculous to weed out the majority of 'good' members as opposed to just finding the "very few". Truly that makes no sense, also if it's only a few trouble makers, why the need to uproot and divide an entire community?

It'd be really nice if a mod would explain how the invites are being sent, because I read people saying things like members who've only been around a couple months are some of the first to get invites. Who knows, maybe they asked, maybe they knew the right peeps, whatever, the fact that mods aren't being very forthcoming about any of this stuff is only making things worse.

Can you not see that going around stating that if people want an invite, they may ask for one, is a bit prententious, like asking them to beg?

Imho, what should have happened is, if you're going to judge members before allowing them in, the mod team should either have stated exactly on what basis one is admitted, and exactly how the process would be carried out, which should be easy enough? That or deliberate on the membership in full b4 allowing anyone in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There are peoples lives at stake, to which you've displayed an almost disgusting level of apathy by making a complete mockery of discussions that are paramount to those that are being affected.
What? I think maybe you're taking yourself too seriously. Whose lives are at stake over a forum, and how is taking a light hearted approach to being subjected to these ridiculous circumstances somehow mocking anyone who would somehow place their life on the line on a forum?