View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #44
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

congratulations church ...

i have been pondering on your dilemma ...

well ... if i was your gal ... i personally would not place significance on receiving an engagement ring from you at this current time ... keeping in mind and understanding finances as they are ...

rather ... what i would cherish ... are the moments which you ask me to become your life long partner ... it is the memory of this time ... that would remain with me forever to reflect back upon ...

i would value your creativeness ... much more than a diamond ... of how you would go about doing so ... and ESPECIALLY ... the words you spoke to me in your asking ...

words and actions stemming from your heart ... feeling them within mine ... gold and diamonds would not come close ...

if finances improve for the two of you in a year ... then perhaps a ring is to be sought after at that time ... perhaps on your first year anniversary ... if that is what she wants and it then becomes more affordable ...

but you are not marrying me ...
yet these are my own thoughts ...
so as long as whatever you did ... came from your heart in asking me ... there would be no greater honour than to say yes ...

surprise her ... that'd be nice ...
the gumball ring ...
creativeness ...
from your heart ...

whatever you do ... she will love you ... because ... you are you ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote