View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #712
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post

The reason for doing this is that people won't get stuck in intellectualizing, or simply "understanding" versus actually experiencing and personal knowing.

Kind of like having a thread all about riding a bike, but no one is ever going to actually get on a bike and ride it and then post about it.

I would like to hear more personal stories of how someone bested their ego. I think I've already started to contribute. I have been told that I am heavily into practicality -- you know -- head in the clouds, feet on the ground type of person :-)

Think being practical my friend is a great help.
Im used to sharing so in a strange way its talking about a situation. event rather than talking about me.

At an AA meeting I heard a Dr say "Is there no such thing as justified anger, after all Jesus was angry at the Temple? The answer was "Jesus wasn't an Alcoholic"
Unfortunately the Dr took no heed and got drunk and died.
Im fortunate in that the consequences of me not learning to at least to tame the ego is certain death. Not being morose thats fact.

So the good news is that I learned to bend with life.
So I am still on great terms with both ex wives because there was an acceptance that things run their course. No blaming on either side, just it is as it is and my 5 children get on well with their half brother and sisters. If I had got angry and blamed then the story would have not had a good result.
Its simple would I rather be right or happy?
If negative thought arises I surrender it to God. He can deal with it far better than I.

Eckhart Tolle made a great difference in my life with "The Power of Now"
all of a sudden the penny dropped big time.
If some one was expressing anger at me I took it very personally after all I was a good person wasn't I? I did my best so why the anger?
Eckhart point out. People are just being angry its not a personal event. If a person is angry and doesn't know how to safely release, it will manifest at the slightest imagined slight. Pain body looking for a feed.
I also learned there isn't an enemy out there, no one to blame. I am responsible for the way I feel and act.
What no enemy? The ego is then starved of drama and begins to dissolve.

There is a consequence for every thought and action.
So as ego disolves right action begin to happen, virtually automatically and the consequences are that you begin to live in a much happier world, your world you made it.

I wrote much more than I intended but it may be of benefit to some one.

Please contribute your story, reader, you could really help some one.

Chris

W
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote