View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #65
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Heather Material

mnTruthseeker,

You are a decent and beautiful spirit, I can feel it from your words. However, I think you are not really addressing the point that I am making. It is a fair and reasonable point and one that deserves an equitable response.

The question I posed further up was: "Is their (PCs) mission to provide a mouthpiece/soapbox for anyone who has any strange story or claim? ----without putting their personal opinion as site/project founders into at all?"

You are implying that in the event that Bill or Kerry makes the decision to pull/ not allow some information due to factors they feel make it veracity questionable...that the sources of that information are being "Treated as if they didn't matter".

I think you are being a bit extreme with that statement and bringing a bit too much emotion to what should be pretty basic. In other words you are making it personal.

I want to emphasize that I commend you for defending those people who you see as victims.

What you might not realize however, is that being mislead by faulty information victimizes people as well. And trying to protect people from lies and untruths is also an attempt to keep people from being victims.

You say you will not come forward and post on here for fear of being "asked for proof".

Is it so mean to ask somone for proof? Does it mean that your story is untrue because you have no proof? No. I think in that situation one would simply state: This is what happened to me, though I have no proof

I am absolutely certain that most on here would love to hear the story...some would believe, some would not...thus is life.

Its not mean, or cruel to ask someone for proof. If they can't produce it they simply can't. But in that case, a person must have SOME standards.

No one is being judged on "Typos". In fact, I don't think anyone is being judged at all. I think some information is being evaluated as to its likelihood. Most factors point to it being some sort of mixture of fantasy and fact. Unfortunately the proponderance of data suggests that it is contrived.

Hopefully we'll get some better information soon that will clear everything up.

I don't think anyone is a "victim" here...so we should drop that mentality.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote