View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Discerning Alien Disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiriusTarthis View Post
You missed the part where it says, "These same avenues can also be outlets for truth, so my aim is not to universally discredit these sources, but rather point out their potential shortcomings." Makes it seem like you prefer either believing all these sources completely, or rejecting them all completely, without wanting to discern them on an individual basis.
well I didn't miss it really and that is a positive message and there ARE more because if there weren't this site would be a dead giveaway. I had read this website a week or so ago. Now I admit I was a bit harsh in my post and perhaps I reacted way too negatively but I was reading this website I was just astounded at the subtle language manipulation being used. Sometimes I do it too when I am talking against something I disagree with.

Don't get me wrong he doesn't come out and attack anything overtly. You can simply tell by the language he uses that he is firmly a non believer and was not very balanced at all. I am not saying this site is "for sure" designed to lead you down a wrong path because I dont believe in wrong paths, but I did want to post a warning that I felt should be made. His methods could be unintentional or a deliberate subtleness in his choice of words that steer the mind towards a mindset. It alarmed me is all.

To see my point on this go and read every "Strength of Vector" and "Strength of Source" (the only two positive potentials) alone without reading any of the other stuff and you will see a bias towards unbelievability. And these are supposed to be the positive "strengths".

it is no surprise that realist posted these links as an accompaniment to his statement: "From my point of view people here (that includes Bill and Kerry) are far too gullible." To me these links he gave were meant to be supportive of this statement and that should tell you something of the material in a Freudian way at least.

The worst part of it was "Deciphering the Core Deception", this is where most of the (my own perceived) manipulation occurred. Example:
Quote:
Greys and Nordics are two evolutionary offshoots of the human race, having time traveled here from the future. Nordics are highly spiritual, most Greys are friendly, while a small rogue faction of Greys is negative. Government is acting entirely on its own, not under any control or direction by aliens, just some treaties with them. Reports of Reptilians or Mantids are likely misperceptions on the part of abductees when they see certain pathologically disfigured Greys.
Now I only know of one person who has presented this theory and that is Dan Burish. Lets look at what he writes concerning this "deception"

Quote:
That last part is a baseless rationalization considering the level of detail involved in the abductee depictions of Reptilians and Mantids, showing them as fully distinct from Greys and healthy in their own right. This scenario goes further than others by saying that Greys and Nordics are not only benevolent but our own descendants. The anthropomorphic makeover of cybernetic Greys is a consistent part of the disinformation, and portraying them as benevolent future humans is an extreme example of that.

More importantly, the crux of the deception here is the claim that all Nordics are highly positive beings from the future. If this were taken as gospel, then any and every Nordic alien group that presents itself to the world would be hailed as our benefactors, even if they happen to be cloned Nordics used as puppets by negative alien factions, negative Nordic overlords, or aryan members of an underground civilization looking to migrate to the surface.
correct me if I am wrong here but did he just single Burish out and call him a disinformer? And you know...maybe he is, but I do not call this a lesson on discernment. Smells more like an agenda to me.

I dunno...I know I could be wrong, but call it a gut instinct
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote