View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #279
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidya Moksha View Post
I dont know the system. Surely the water is just a carrier of the faecal matter, and its the faecal material that produces the methane. But the digester must be a finite size that will soon be filled with water from the toilets? what then? surely there must be an overflow of some kind, or the water must be separated at some point in the process, and this will be contaminated water...of course this could be easily piped to a reed bed...
In China they use dry toilets, then they manually transfer the faecal matter to a pit, which I suppose is the 'digester' in that system. When the pit material is spent they ship it onto the land for fertilizer and start a new pit. But this system is labour intensive and potentially hazardous as raw faecal material is constantly being handled.
Of course it's potentially hazardous, but it seems everyone wants to think inside the box, still. I, on the other hand, have thought of something entirely different.

It took me six months to design my system and another three for a working prototype. Now it's patent pending. What is more than just a carrier, it's life.
TtC is offline   Reply With Quote