Thread: London Group
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #24
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: London Group

migovec - is the magnetic motor a practical 'solution' regarding Bessler's Wheel?

In general, if 'something' were to happen and communication/mobile networks were restricted or cut we may not even have text messages and not everyone will know how to work a radio. So, when you meet up it would be best to sort out meeting points to go to in an event, and when to be there i.e. after how many hours/days and how long to wait. Also, if travelling to locations, which places are not likely targets, unlikely to be affected too much by weather e.g. flooding, relatively straightforward to get to (access) especially for those who don't drive or wont be able to help in driving shifts and of course has your basic resources. Plus, a route to the continent may be a good idea.

Supplies tend to take up a lot of planning time for people but dependency and how high on the list supplies are for people and moreso for some than others, but travel needs to be certain too because at least with resources you can pick things up along the way or learn how to get what you need together. Mobility, or the possibility of mobility, is especially a concern for those with dependents young, old, disabled and with other animals.

For what it's worth, I think it's best to get 'fundamentals' in planning like meeting points, travel/how to travel and supplies/resources down first before choosing who does what. Those fundamentals can be flexible but a general plan needs to outlined first so that then people can say what they are definitely comfortable doing (based on experience/education or whatnot), what they could try with what probable degree of success and what they are willing/likely able to learn. I say that because it prevents social heirarchical issues and different methodological/methodical approaches from crippling a team.

I live in London but wont be participating in the ground crew.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote