View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default Are you afraid to die?

If so, are you afraid because it is of the unknown? That’s understandable because there isn’t one person (living) that can explain what death is really like…it’s all speculations. Could this be the real reason why most are afraid to stand up against obvious threats? Or is it that most people subconsciously feel they will go to hell because of their uncontrollable urges to indulge in foolish and/or inconsiderate sins? I’m very aware of many theories/ideas of the after life (if there is one), but do these creative thoughts console you in dealing with the inevitable? IMO, I feel most ideas of death have no supporting facts other then making the believer feel comfy while blindly justifying their own destruction to life. Do you like living in a reality where the societies generate more chaos than beauty? Is locking your self behind closed doors and becoming one with cyber strangers the answer…I mean, is this style of seclusion helping to get rid of the necessary problems outside of your own comfort zone? I can see how some people living in this way often think that everything is all good and lovely.

Have you ever thought that giving up your own life to save the specie, the world, and all of its inhabitants is what this generation was meant to do? Or do you feel it is the job for others to give up their life for your liberty and freedom? I’m inclined to think that if you truly love someone/thing you will sacrifice (your life is need be) to keep it safe. What we do now is very important for future generations. How can you love humanity where there is very little love being shared in humanity? Could you die for a brighter world for others, or would you rather wait with dying optimism and fingers crossed for unconfirmed outside assistance? Would you rather die on your feet or live on your knees? Or continue living in delusion within your voluntary solitary confinement? Yeah, we all have a choice and the right to do what we want…hmmm, that might just be one of the problems…

What is your idea of death?
I’m thinking the various perceptions of death haves a whole lot to do with the way people go about their lives…
Please feel free to discuss, your insight is very important. If this is a disturbing topic please delete it, and accept my apologies. thnx

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote