View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Where's the proof of re-incarnation and past lives…

This draws my mind to a scene in the film "contact".

Matthew's character is asking Jodie's character if she believes in God. She says "No, because there is no proof/Can't prove it".. He asks: "Did you love your Dad?". She, of course, answers "yes".. So he asks her to.. "Prove it."

I had a cake made for my 10th Birthday which had Freddy Kruger's hand/glove on it. No pictures were taken though, so I can't prove that.

In conversation with my wife, she said she loves me. No one was around to hear it however, so maybe it didn't actually happen.

How do I run an experiment to prove I had that cake on my 10th birthday or that my wife loves me?

What would it take to prove reincarnation? memory of the event is clearly not enough.. What if someone born within the same hour in the same hospital remembered as you remembered, being reincarnated at the same time? Is that proof? Do we need scientific data? Some sort of repeatable test or experiment? Does our consciousness effect that experiment if we conduct it? Can we prove it does? Can we prove it does not?

So.. My answer: There is no proof. Yet if there is no proof of reincarnation, there is also no proof of many things. One of life's great mysteries. I would love to see some "proof", until then I will have to rely on my own memory.

Even if you were Jesus in a past life.. it doesn't matter now. What matters, now, is what you do, now.

in light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote