Thread: Concepts of God
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Consepts of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
I'll have to cogitate on that one for a while. Then I'll get back to you............OK! Enough cogitating.

. Does that mean that there must be a least one person that is Self-realized? Or no entity that is a person can be self-realized?

I think it means ego mind personality dissolves in That - one has become I Am

Here is some words from the Thus Gone One Nisargadatta Maharaj about I Am...

Quote:
The Sense of "I am" (Consciousness)

When I met my Guru, he told me: "You are not what you take yourself
to be. Find out what you are. Watch the sense 'I am', find your real
Self." I obeyed him, because I trusted him. I did as he told me. All
my spare time I would spend looking at myself in silence. And what a
difference it made, and how soon!

My teacher told me to hold on to the sense 'I am' tenaciously and not
to swerve from it even for a moment. I did my best to follow his
advice and in a comparatively short time I realized within myself the
truth of his teaching. All I did was to remember his teaching, his
face, his words constantly. This brought an end to the mind; in the
stillness of the mind I saw myself as I am -- unbound.

I simply followed (my teacher's) instruction which was to focus the
mind on pure being 'I am', and stay in it. I used to sit for hours
together, with nothing but the 'I am' in my mind and soon peace and
joy and a deep all-embracing love became my normal state. In it all
disappeared -- myself, my Guru, the life I lived, the world around
me. Only peace remained and unfathomable silence.

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post
First, yes God exists and it is through us all or rather we are all an equal aspect of this creator.
Yes I believe in both at the same time the Immanence Aspect of God and the Trancendence Aspect of God - God as the Essence and Aspiration in Everything Ever - So our Essence is God and also our Aspiration to be good righteous and Godlike is God - But we cannot limit Limitless God - He can visit in Dreams Speak through Sages and Appear externally to Man - He is Capable to Project Himself in any space time and form

Quote:
We have free will and i feel this is an aspect that governs this universe - thus all can do as they wish. In our universe good and bad can happen because of this free will - so dont blame Mr God when it rains and ruins your best shirt.
Right the Self-Governing Automatic Aspect of the Universe and still Overseen by Him - Natural Laws - Karma Reap what you Sow - Reincarnation - Free Will do what you wish and reap the Natural Consequences - Abundance of Grace if we but ask - And rest assured if Man wills something God wills not it wont happen and if God wills someting Man wills not it will still happen

Quote:
There is a paradox surounding the creator centering upon its own creation. Renowned RVs talk of seeing God alone at the beginning and creating energy with aim to feel loved and not alone.
This led God to a fruitless conclusion for knowing every out come and so he/she created a free will membrane of itself.
Yes something like if God said ... I separated Myself from Myself so I could Love Myself and I Hid Myself from Myself so I would long to find Myself

Quote:
The scary problem with this is the fact that to exist means something has produced you in the first place. How does God fit into this? There is always a beginning and an end - so where the heck does God come from?
Only One in a Vast Now Projecting All - Immense Creativity - Sport and Play - And when His Long Day comes to an End He sleeps Absolute Unpersonal Consciousness - Then Another Morning lol

Last edited by RedeZra; 11-23-2008 at 03:43 AM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote