View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

I guess I'm trying to create a new way of thinking for myself...and possibly for others...if there is merit in doing so. I have minimally changed the wording of the Constitution to make it come alive in the space-age. Honestly...I'm toying with making it a sort of minimalist religion...which really isn't a religion. There is no god at the head of this religion...only the divinity which exists within all beings. The consitutional process is supremely important...and there are no rules and regulations regarding how to live...and no promises of heaven...or threats of hell and damnation. I'm trying to get rid of nationalism and protectionism...and to out-do globalism...by applying the Constitution to the Solar System.

Would benevolent beings throughout the Solar System have a problem with this? Would malevolent beings throughout the Solar System have a problem with this? If God exists behind the shadows of the universe...would there be a Divine objection to this approach? I dream of seeing something like this instituted...and having God show up one day...saying 'What took you so long? This is what I had in mind from the beginning...but you had to do it.' I see intelligent design...and I also see evolution. What I do not see...is an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, and all-present God...running this Solar System. I'm seeing God Wannabes...playing god...in a malevolent and dictatorial manner.

The goal is the mutually beneficial interaction and method of decision-making for the benevolent beings of this Solar System. The door would always be open to malevolent beings...should they decide to play nice and to play fair. I don't care what non-human beings look like...or what our history with them has been. I simply want this Solar System to be properly run...in a non-corrupt and non-dictatorial manner...with no atrocities, enslavement, extermination, exploitation, etc, etc.

I'm not expecting God...or anyone else...to do this for us. We need to be big boys and girls...and live as responsible citizens...in an interplanetary sense.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 08-09-2009 at 04:15 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote