View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #19
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What do I do if things really go down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSuspect View Post
Alright, im a droid by the way. My main thing was what do you do besides running for the woods. If you choose to stay. Everything I have researched just talks about escaping off to the woods. Well F**k that! Thanks for talking down to me though I feel better about asking for advice now. Droid out.
It really all depends on where you live, what type of community you live in, what is the average age of your community members. Do you live in a highrise, a house etc. The answer to these questions will help you decide on whether you can approach your neighbors & start generating some ideas on how to help each other out. For now, you need to start a cupboard filled with all the basic foods. Tinned & dried goods for sure. large containers of water, first aid supplies, some flu remedies.....these are the basics to survival. If there are elders in your immediate vicinity, talk to them, they will already have experienced hardship in the earlier lives & will give you some ideas also.
You have to start somewhere, so start with filling your cupboards with the essentials, then look around at who your neighbors are.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote