View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What do I do if things really go down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSuspect View Post
First thing is, let me remind you of Laws of Attraction the more you think of something especially if you think you dont want that thing to happen i.e. everything crashing and going off the deep end. The more you will attract it but yes one must be prepared. Another thing is that everyone is talking about running to the woods which is cool for you but not me. Im staying in my community! I just want to know stratagies for organziation. Water im sure is at top of the list, growing food, and for me self protection. But how does one literally try and organize their community. Because im sure some people just want to go solo, but some might be down for organizing. Elect certain peoples to be in charge of certain things like food, medical, protection? or just ask everyone what they are willing to contribute? and lets say one organizes a little community im sure mapping out where water and food is, is of most importance, but so is outlining a perimeter of ones town? Anyway any advice on what to do if it all goes down. Which it wont by the way. lol laws of attraction think positve.
It depends on the country you live and the levels of crime of your neighbourhood.

Here in Britan people have an incredible capacity to organize themselves fairly rapidly. It is like a wave to solve the problem

I seen loots of extreme circumstances here and people keep calm and keep going

A friend used to say, jumping up and down will not make the train come faster...so you are late? patience

As for the rest, it is good policy to start making friends with your neighbours, stock on dry goods like beans and cereals, alternative ways of cooking or learn how to eat raw, learning how to grown veggies

Heat is a problem, there are no alternative ways of heating other than burning things and that will not last. I discovered some waistcoats that can be heated with batteries, they work and the batteries can be recharged with solar chargers

Purifying water, you need a suspension purifyers as all others depend of mains preassure and the distilers on electricity

If you have electricity and your neighbors don't you are in trouble, its called human nature

Harvesting water depends where you live. In desertic areas are using moisture collectors, there are some examples in Peru

Browsing the undevelop countries is really good as they have cheap and effective solutions like solar ovens or cookers that are just made of carboard, they work even in Britain in the summer, can be user to sanitize water too

If you live in a cold area, suitable outdoors clothing for indoors can be very handy. Also creating a hot room with duvet covers

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote