Thread: Kansas
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Southcentral Kansas

Hello fellow heartlanders. I live south of Kansas City on a 77 acre eco/organic farm. “Mattman” I am very close to you.

I have been preparing a very long time for different types of contingencies and at this time I’m feeling that we should step things up very quickly but maintaining wisdom in our choices. Because of the situation with the financial and economic market I feel we are on the edge of the Patriot Act being put in to action and with it all the ramifications, most importunately “martial law”. Here are some of my thoughts for what they may be worth:

We plan for three main scenarios before the poo hits the fan:

(1) We gather at a place that offers complete sustainability. In this scenario we would form a viable community structure. I have this option mostly available now.
(2) We also organize the type of scenario “Jonathan Burke” has suggested by preparing an underground shelter. Whether in a missile silo (although I ‘m concerned that the “military” types know where all these are) this option would provide protection in a full martial law scenario and/or environmental disaster.
(3) We also should be fully prepared in a “move out” type situation. This includes “bug out” packs that are equipped for moving from place to place quickly and efficiently. “Fully prepared” would also include prearranged coordinates to meet.

The success of all these scenarios strongly depends on vetting each other and discerning our strengths and weaknesses. One of the things I keep upper most in my mind at all times is not letting fear or desperation cloud the decisions I am making. I no longer want the place I live to include negative, destructive values that are fear based or cause division. Love, compassion and empathy have never resounded truer for me.

Mostly I feel we need to act quickly but again . . . with discerning wisdom. What “gundwolf” said about the internet is true along with other forms of communication they will be the first to go . . . in order to keep us divided and vulnerable. Survival of all types is more successful in a united like-minded group situation. It is very difficult to watch people around me dissolving into shear panic and fear. We simply have to step away from the world that has been created by $$ and all types of division . . . . . social status, religion, political stances . . . . difficult yes, but incredibly worth it and perhaps this type of step is what will put us on that narrow road to true enlightenment. I don’t know but I have constantly been “prodded” in this direction for a very long time now.

Let me know soon if any of this has a ring of truth to you and let’s start a dialogue. I am willing to lay my cards on the table.
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote