View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:17 AM   #318
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Thank you my friends for your kind words.

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.
Matt. 3:8
King James Bible

The lesson that I had to learn here was about forgiveness. I remember when I read Anchor’s post about healing and moving on my body was literally shaken with anger so that I needed to respond to his post to clarify what was my bloody anger all about. There are many layers but the most important is forgiveness. Forgiveness does not mean reconciliation. Forgiveness is a work of grace in our heart. Only one person is needed for forgiveness: me. Reconciliation takes two. So, we do not open ourselves up to the other party until we have seen that she or he truly owned her or his part of the problem. Yes, I was angry and hurt when I witnessed mistreatment and violation of freedom and I really had a big problem to forgive. Seeing that God asks us to forgive but warns us not to reconcile before a person takes responsibility for his or her behavior, I could freely forgive. I can forgive and let them go. If I did not let them go, I would invest all my energy wanting them to change. Ironically, fighting against their control, I would become a controller. I feel so humble seeing the depth of wisdom in the scripture.

Love to you all,
t&i
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote