Thread: Amen Ra
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #310
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Amen Ra

ODM...here is a Goddess that should be take notice of...and you might find this of interest....

Sekhmet

Symbols: lioness, cobra, Udjat (Eye of Horus)

Depiction: The lioness goddess of war and destruction, Sekhmet was depicted as a woman in red with the head of a lioness with the solar disk and the uraeus on her head.

Mythology: The name Sekhmet comes from the Egyptian word sekhem meaning “to be violent, mighty, and strong.” Together Sekhmet and Bastet were the Goddesses of East (Bastet) and West (Sekhmet). The wife and sister of Ptah, Sekhmet was born out of the fire of Re’s eye. Re created Sekhmet as a weapon of vengeance with which to destroy disobedient and wicked men. The ancient Egyptians feared the powers of Sekhmet and developed complicated rituals to appease the goddess. Every day of every year in the morning and afternoon, ancient Egyptian priests would perform these rituals in front of each of 700 statues of Sekhmet. The Egyptians believed that if the priests did not adhere to this strict regiment of rituals, Sekhmet would destroy them. Re had a change of heart and no longer wanted to destroy men, but could not stop his daughter from killing them. Instead of destroying Sekhmet, Re tricked her by disguising beer as blood which Sekhmet drunk. Sekhmet became so intoxicated that she could no longer kill men and was from then on known as Hathor.

http://ablemedia.com/ctcweb/consorti...dssekhmet.html

Now here is where I wonder.....Ptah....we know what was said in the earlier posts about him... it does not seem he was all that.... very possible agenda, and power struggle. Then he was "married "to Sekhmet?

She was a weapon of vengence..but against what? Maybe against crimes of humanity? Then Ra..the symbol of the solardisc..the "sun"...got her drunk and turned into Hathor? sounds like genetic manipulation to me.....What do you think ODM? What was Ra afraid of? And why? These are the question that plague me ..and are not written in history....you need to be a good detective to figure this one out.

In any event...she sounds like a force to be reckoned with

Last edited by BROOK; 03-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote