View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking.Up View Post
Ok, I'm just curios how do you know what the restrictions are gonna be?
It's just an educated guess on my part based on the governments track record and the way things are managed here in California where medical marijuana legislation has already been passed.
Quote:
How can it with legalization on a federal level be possible to still be illegal to grow your own pot?
You'll be able to grow your own pot if you have a doctors prescription. If you don't have a doctors prescription you will still get thrown in jail.
Quote:
I'm not confusing. I'm not American, so my vocabulary is not that detailed.
I'm aware of the differences between hemp and pot, and that's exactly what I was talking about. The true good side of the legalisation would be a new raw resource for the gigantic paper and clothing industry. Thats the most important thing in the legalisation of the plant, and that is where the money lays. So, I'm not all that assured that the corporations will focus on marijuana, because it will still be grown by small buisnesses, or on your own, but on hemp which would turn in to a multi-billion dollar industry.

Just my 2 cents.
I apologize if I came across as presumptuous. The mix-up between marijuana and hemp is very common. I didn't realize that you have a limited vocabulary in English.

I totally agree with you. Hemp would be an outstanding resource for industry. The problem is that the majority of paper and textile factories are not set up to deal with hemp fiber. To convert the factories over to hemp will cost billions of dollars, so don't expect industry to be very supportive of hemp decriminalization.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote