View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
Church
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

No, mudra, I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant to direct that to the eXchanger. This thread got a lot more attention than I imagined it would, and now I'm struggling to make sure I caught everything and responded to everyone. I really truly appreciate your advice, and everyone's. This is all very helpful to me, although, I didn't realizewhen I started this thread that it would cause me to get premature butterflies in my stomach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
You should ask her, and, then, say
~ i want to get your a ring
but, since, i do NOT know, what it is,
you might like to wear for the rest of your life ~
i thought it best, to offer to let you choose it !!!
so, i know, it is something, you really will love to wear
and, make her, part of the process

Wow, I didn't think about it that way! That actually seems to resonate with me. I'm going to have to meditate on that one. If I do go down this route, should I at least put an "honorary" ring on her finger, for the symbolism and the ritual of it all? Like, something silly, but playful, like a plastic ring from a gumball machine?

Also, (God I know this makes me sound like a nerd, but I don't care!), what finger do I put the engagement ring on? It doesn't go on the ring finger, right, because that's where the actual wedding band goes?
Church is offline   Reply With Quote