View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: WebBot - just a thought...

The spyders you see, say the MSN bots, etc., are frequently what I call data archivers. As an example, when you google something and a link doesn't work, you can ask for a cached site. The spyders have gone through and cached the site.

I don't think clif has indicated exactly which forums have been excluded from his bots searches. I think he would be nutz to include avalon in the search, since we so often discuss the HPH works. JMHO. (And since I don't consider clif as nutz, I'm guessing we're out of the loop) -

That said, what he looks for is shifts in linguistics - literally language pattern shifts that mankind does unconsciously.

IMHO, it's pretty fascinating work - but I've always been fascinated by the human mind and how we express what/who we are through the words we use, or the things we discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWillSetUFree View Post
I have seen "msn spiders" and other spiders on this forum when you go to who's online, does that mean this forum is a part of what the webbot picks up too?

How come these spiders are on here and what is their purpose?

If anyone knows the answer to this any moderators, etc I would love to know the answer.

Thanks
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote