View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #1647
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: X men - 5 Dollar Ft. long Subs-cryptionite

I just watched season 1 of The Sanctuary on netflix. It is a very interesting program that is about evolution. It mostly deals with humanoids, but it has other critters in it.

The series touches on both the dangerous kind often ugly abnormalities and the beautiful abnormalities which are seen as gifts. Interestingly, there is the sanctuary which is trying to protect the "abnormals" both dangerous and not dangerous, and the cabal who wants to create a soldier abnormal without thinking who will wipe out the abnormals or evolving ones supposedly for the sake of humans. The cabal controls the military, banking, and other industries and is very powerful.

The main character of Dr. Helen Magnus played by Amanda Tapping chose some 125 years ago to inject herself with a vampire serum along with 4 friends. The four are John Druitt "Jack the Ripper", Nikola Tesla, Sir Watson, and the invisible man. She gained longevity. She heads the sanctuary and is a scientist. I find the choice of who the five are interesting. Her protege is a young Dr. Will Zimmerman (Psychologist/profiler).

One of her helpers is an abnormal she helped who refused to leave her.

In one episode to save the abnormals the five must find hidden keys Helen's door opens with a retinal scan and we have this image maybe linked to the all seeing eye?

Her riddle is 2+2= and 2x2= which the answer Noah's ark and the number of animals and genetic variations possible which Helen deduces as infinity.

They gain their keys and have to put them into this:

It's a Pentgram with a raised pentagon. It started like this:

It's a star overlapping a star shape and the roman numeral 1 - 10 on it.

There is so much symbolism here, and if anyone care to play with the alpha numeric stuff, it could be interesting. I see archetypes, our spiritual quest and the issue of mankinds evolution. It also plays on the truth of the unseen world and mythology.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote