View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fibroid tumors and Endometriousis in women

I do not agree that this issue belongs in a sub-forum for women. It affects many males as well, as husbands and partners, as families, as employers, as health personell, as medical doctors.

My Story

I will tell my story. Some years ago I had myoms, as those fibroid tumors in the uterus are called. It resulted in heavy menstrual periods, low ferretin (iron) count, many days of not functioning well. I had an excellent gynecologist that I trusted. His advice was to choose a hysterectomy, a piece of advice he did not give routinely to his patients, as many American doctors do by default. His advice was based on the size of my uterus. He said the final decision was mine though, and that the problem would diminish and go away after menopause.

I chose not to have a hysterectomy. I was following my intuition, but I was also informed further by an article written by a female gynecologist that came my way just at the right time. She said that the uterus performs important functions after menopause as well, and went into great detail discussing these functions.

After reading this thread some weeks ago, I made an Internet search and came up with a highly informative link, but since I cannot locate it today I will share what I do remember, and add the link later.

The doctor in question recommends keeping your uterus if you are given an informed choice. He recommends

*) cutting down on coffee, as it contains DDT in appreciable amounts

*) eliminating dairy

*) avoiding oestrogen supplementation, including HRT and birth control pills. Oestrogen makes your uterus grow no matter what your age.

*) increasing greens in your diet

All for now, but there is more in the link.

By keeping your uterus you keep the benefits of natural hormones that keep us healthy, that are produced by the uterus after menopause.

You do not need as many regular check-ups with a doctor as those having undergone a hysterectomy. You do not need to buy HRT.

Your sex-life may be more pleasurable, as uterine contractions adds to the pleasure in orgasms.

On a spiritual level I consulted a seer who is able to answer questions.
I asked why such a high percentage of women, 30 % suffer trememdously from heavy periods in their 30s, 40s, 50s. The answer was that femininity is downgraded in our culture.

Interesting answer, but what could it mean? I think it might mean that women are viewed as good customers by the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry. I think they like to keep it this way, and that they do not give us advice that result in us buying fewer of their services and their products.

I will come back with more info and links.

J

Last edited by Josefine; 11-30-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote