View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: For the enlightened

Hi Thrave,

Thought I would try to expand a little on my previous post, but really I find that very hard to do. It is hard to find words and I find it almost impossible to retrace my path of awakening. Each step of awakening became my new "normal," and all the previous steps seem to disappear. I can't retrace my history in this. I do recall, however, my first stages of opening, which began with the mind. Part of that mental expansion was letting go of all conceptions of who and what I thought I was, and allowing the possibility that I/we are much more than that. Accepting that I am multidimensional rather than three-dimensional was part of that mental process. "Letting it be real" was a very important part of all this.

Then the mental expanded to include memories of my own experiences in life that have never fit in with the common paradigm. Now there was a way to accept those experiences as valid and to cherish myself, others, and all of life. My perceptions of everything changed, how I looked at things changed, what I saw when I looked changed. Everything became alive, with its own consciousness, its sovereign right of being.

There was no one point of experience that I recall as astonishing -- many points of experience have been/were/are astonishing. I seem to have taken small steps upward so to speak in raising awareness, vibration, expansiveness, a spiral of learning where we learn the same things at more and more refined levels. I had a meditation experience where I released a severely limiting belief. The energy tied up in that belief exploded outward into the dimensions in brilliant explosions of light and color, and I knew I had created a new universe somewhere. Not only that, at that point I became a more integrated person in this body, more truly whole than I had ever been.

The expansiveness probably describes it best for me -- the world, universe, All That Is, has gotten bigger and more inclusive. Everything has meaning and value. I am not a fully awakened soul because I forget from time to time and find myself back in separation. Then I remember again.

I have had out of body experiences which have instructed me that consciousness is not dependent on the body. The body seems to represent separation. Once out of the body, everything is fluid and open, barriers disappear.

This written by greybeard says it better than I can find the words for:
There is an unchanging awareness that there is no seperation from the Creator and all of creation -- all waves of the Divine ocean.
Duality ie me and the other has changed into Non-duality.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote