View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #37
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Default Re: Being humble - a key to eternity

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson often incorrectly attributed to Nelslon Mandela

I'm going to agree , in general, with annemirri especially on several points.

I note comments made by grey beard with regard to AA, which I consider to be a cult, and one that demands people give away their power. Not healthy in my opinion, and I know former alcoholics who did and didn't do AA. The difference is the ones who did NOT do AA are no longer alcoholics, with AA the trauma is never over, you are always a recovering alcoholic, but somehow you will NEVER get there. How disempowering and infantalising.
There is much to be discussed on AA alone if one wishes to. The Rick Ross forum has had many interesting and controversial data to support the evidence of cult behaviours by those at the top, not much humility there I'm afraid
I guess its partly a question of semantics but just putting my unpopular view in. as a scorpio and all.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote