View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #19
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Chile Earthquake: "I was seeing the sky changing colors."

I've found this in a well known mainstream newspaper in Spain. It is a quote from a witness in Santiago (the capital city, not that close to the epicentre):
Quote:
La sensación desde un comienzo fue diverso, antes del temblor un fuerte viento cálido vino desde el sur de Santiago, mientras temblaba o terremoteaba lo primero que se nos venía a la cabeza era el fin del mundo, ya que no sólo se movía el piso, el cielo estaba multicolor cambiando de diversos colores (blanco, celeste, rojo, amarillo, etc.) y las estrellas parecían caer.
Source (in spanish).

Approximate translation: 'The feeling was strange from the beginning. Before the quake a strong warm wind came from the south of Santiago. While the quake was going on we were thinking it was the end of the world: not only the house was moving but the sky was multicolour, changing between various colours (white, cyan, red, yellow, etc.) and the stars seemed to be falling down.

Here is a video of the event where some lights on the sky can be seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlOHzOQ58k. It looks legit to me, taken from a tv station. The people is shouting 'get out of the car', I guess refering to people walking on the street.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote