View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #2004
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I always try to promote my radio show because it's something I genuinely enjoy doing. I don't do it for money. I do it to prove a point and that is that you cannot stick someone in a box and expect them to stay there. They will eventually break down all the walls and live life the way they've wanted to, like I'm doing now.

Anyway, it's at the WRUV Archives. Click on the Archives link and look for "Janitors From Mars" by the Humble Janitor (yes, that is my DJ name, though I just barely started doing shows) on the scroll-down list.

I've been thinking about playing a mp3 of certain healing frequencies but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea. I could pass them off as instrumentals but then again, it's something I'll look into. I'd have to have a way to explain where they came from and I doubt Old Man FCC would come and complain if I did.

I usually play punk, ska, hardcore and metal. I try to start on a fast note and find songs that that a certain feel to them that I'm looking for.
Thats cool HJ...

I had my own metal radio show on saturday nights back in the '90's.

Man we used to have some fun, Id invite girls to party with me everytime.
The folk would come in on a sunday morning to do their 'gospel' show and find the bins full of empty JD cans/bottles and the whole building smelling like weed. One time the techno guy from the show before me made me skull a bunch of magic mushie juice before I went on air and I spent the show tripping in and out of altered states of reality.

Id get people call in all the time to make requests.. one time an 80 year old man phoned me and said my show was 'keeping him alive' weird but very nice.

Was great while it lasted until some idiot 'friends' of mine had a fight with the firehoses and p****d in the stairwell and I got kicked off the air by management.

Last edited by Luminari; 06-09-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote