View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #45
Knowwheretorun
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Gregg Braden Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
Let's not forget also the Dead Sea Scrolls
Ok well lets take a look at both the gnostic gospels found at Nag Hammadi and the dead sea scrolls.

These are two things that I used to have a vague notion somehow disproved the bible although I want quite sure how. After all you could watch everything that Braden, or a similar "teacher", has ever put out on the DSS and still be left with only vague impressions of what was found, and there is a good reason not to tell the whole story from his perspective...

The story of the dead sea scrolls is to this day something that I want to do an extensive project on at some point, I have already done one research project on it here for audio but the story is so juicy and there is such a lack of understanding, that I feel I should dig further, but perhaps if I present a basic outline here it will encourage one of you to pic up where I left off.

Basically when the scrolls were found, the main ones like the Isaiah Scroll were sold to Jewish people though antique dealers, this is significant because this was all played out over the backdrop of the 1948 and 1967 wars in Israel.

After word got out of their discovery John D Rockefeller Jr, who I like to call "Mr. New World Order", (just have a look of what he did with his life to see why I say that ) swooped in and bought every available scroll, they wouldnt sell him the early ones, although he tried very hard to get them, and he funded any additional expeditions to retrieve more scrolls from the caves (thereby owning any further finds). The next fifty years were very very interesting.

Basically all the scrolls that Rockefeller didnt own, were immediately published and it proved that the old testament had been copied without errors for the 600 year gap from the masoretic texts to the scrolls, it was also significant because they clearly dated before the time of Christ therefore containing hard evidence that the prophecies of Jesus were in fact written well before his time.

remember there was a war going on, and Rockefeller was on the arab side of this conflict, and the Rockefeller museum where the scrolls he found and or bought were kept (called the scrollery) was in Jordan, as a result Rockefeller had no Jewish people to translate these scrolls so he hired mostly catholics and a few odd choices, like John Allegro.

The main thing to understand here is that there was no publication of the scrolls that Rockefeller owned for 50 YEARS! but what there WAS was a campaign to put Allegro, on the pay of JD Rock, on BBC radio saying things like: the scrolls (which no one would ever be allowed to see until he was long dead) said things like that there was a guy called the teacher of righteousness in the scrolls who Jesus was just a copy off, now all of Allegros team members wrote a letter to the times saying that he was lying, but it appeared (because they were Catholics) that they were only saying this to save face. At the end of the day, no one could know who was telling the truth and who was lying because Rockefeller wouldn't let scholars look at the scrolls he owned.

Until..the 90s when a woman who was commissioned to take detailed photos of the Rockefeller scrolls way back then died and she left the roll of film to a university, which published them, and for the first time gave the public a chance to check allegros work, they found that he was wrong, which means that Rockefeller paid Allegro to spread this anti Jesus lie that despite the fact its been recently disproved is still obviously alive and well. They also found that they had created a concordance within the first year or so meaning that they could have published the material the whole time!

To sum up the Dead sea scrolls are one of the greatest finds in the world and they display that the texts hasnt been changed over the years, they also give us a intimate look into the lives of kind of whaky, but veracious reading sect of Jewish people that beforehand were only referenced.

here is a link to a timeline that should get someone started on this search
http://www.gnosis.org/library/dss/dss_timeline.htm

In regard to the Gnostic Gospels, it is probably due to the way info is presented to us by these "teachers" that we believe what we do about them, I would encourage anyone to get involved with the debates about the dating of the texts found in Egypt (Nag Hammadi) you will find that "Thomas" is the best candidate for an early date, and that not even the propents claim that the people they were named after wrote them, and all the actual scholars that I am aware of (on either side) suggest that it is from the beginning of the second century at the earliest as far as archeology goes. You will find people that date it earlier than that, but take notice of how they accomplish this, it is usually done by saying that because it is a.) less well written, and therefore the predecessor to the gospels, or b.) that its writing style is in a one liner or proverb format which they say must mean it is first. But those explanations dont work with even basic logic, never mind archeology, for instance, in literary terms it is usually a masterpeice that is created theby creating a genre, and it is later copied with less degrees of success, and as far as the proverb format, it was a style that was used for many centuries before and after.

All that to say that if you have been dan browned into thinking that the gnostic Gospels are older that that the real ones, you are believing something that requires more faith that you might think.

This was covered in my video Council of Nicaea myth debunked

Also available in spanish El mito del Conciio de Nicea refutado Thanks to a new spanish friend of mine.

Last edited by Knowwheretorun; 03-10-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Knowwheretorun is offline   Reply With Quote