View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #308
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

Good evening or Good morning,

They will close soon, so that it may be my last visit here.

And not by his coming only, but by the consolation
wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your
earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward
me; so that I rejoiced the more.

For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not re-
pent, though I did repent; for I that the same
epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry but that
ye sorrowed to repentance; for you ye were made sorry after
a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in
nothing.

Verse 2 Cor 7:8-9
Kings James Version

What wonderful verses that remind us about having boundaries and speaking our truth. There is always safety in the truth, whether it be knowing God’s truth or knowing the truth about ourselves. It is so important to accept and express the truth of who we are. Honesty about who we are gives us the biblical value of integrity. But we can not speak our truth if we do not know our boundaries that precisely delineate what is acceptable for us and what is not. When we speak our truth others can get hurt or we can get hurt. We can be judged or rejected. But those painful feelings of hurt, rejection or judgment lead us where the real growth lies. Through our life we are programmed not to be honest and protect other’s feelings, blocking ourselves and others to grow spiritually. The scriptures teach us otherwise.

In March 2007, I discovered Project Camelot. Soon, Project Avalon will close its door forever. I will close this door too because I have learned my lessons here.
So my answer for today is asking God to give me the courage to be true to myself today and as long as I shall live.

Love to you all,
t&i

truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote