View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #27
onawah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Whistleblower Laura Magdalene Eisenhower, Ike’s great-granddaughter, outs secret

I think we must pretty much assume it's possible that most if not all whistleblowers have been messed with to some extent, and so there will be delusions, aberrations, false memories, forgotten memories, unusual levels of stress and/or upset of all sorts that may color and obfuscate the veracity of their stories . Even if they weren't messed with deliberately, just to deal with the kind of scenarios they deal with has got to be very disorienting and de-stabilizing and challenging. Messianic complexes like Laura's are probably a lot more common than is generally supposed. It's something that threatened egos use as a last resort when their reality has been threatened.

I like it that Kerry is so protective of her whistleblowers, but at the same time, I think it's good that their information and credibility is allowed to be scrutinized on the forums. We have to keep open minds, because just because everything in a whistleblower's story may not add up, it doesn't mean there isn't some truth in what they are saying.

it definitely can be a frustrating and confusing job to try to keep some objectivity thorough the process, and drawing definite conclusions seems to be something that is constantly deferred. It's necessary to cultivate detachment to avoid being caught up in the maelstrom of confusion.
So we develop our discernment in a very laborious though presumably necessary process.

This is a very familiar theme on these forums, however, and nothing new at all.
onawah is offline   Reply With Quote