View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Corky
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Acts of Random Kindness are Contagious

Hi Gnosis5.
Thanks for that link. It warms the cockles.

Hi Harper.
Smiles go a long way and I have been "smile sharing" for a very long time. I was in a mall once and my young nephew who was walking behind me asked " why is everybody smiling at you" my reply was of course because I'm smiling at them. Although there is that grey area of just looking crazy but I don't care.

I would also like to share something that happened to me a couple of hours ago. I called a friend who I had not seen at the school gate for a few days only to find out she was bed ridden with the flu, dizzy and feverish. Her husband was at the pub (go figure)and she had not gone grocery shopping and there was no food in the house and her kids had not had dinner. I am an American expat in the Uk and had plenty of leftover Thanksgiving dinner good to go.

I feel I was led to call her and given a wonderful opportunity to help. I think we are offered opportunities everyday and it is so rewarding to be take them because I think we fulfil our natural humanitarian spirit when doing so and that is so easy to forget. But that's what it's really all about.. isn't it?
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote