View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: THANKYOU GOD...Obama IS THE PRESIDENT...The Whole World IS WATCHING..& "YES WE CA

Hi Jenny,
Thankyou very much for posting the acceptance speech Obama gave, would also like to know your thought's if you care to share.

Hi 777 The Great Work,
We can all be synical about his mandate for office and of course time will tell. Blair got elected in the UK on the mantra of change and delivered absolutely nothing, so yeah empty promises.

However I am just happy for now to hear and see millions of Americans partying and more importantly 'chanting and shouting' "YES WE CAN"!

Sure some change is inevitable but there are soem who have held mankind back by instigating and then controlling the WRONG kind of changes for millenia. The difference with Obama's office is that he might just have arrived at the right time (historically) to deliver poitive change.

For now though I leave myself open to all possibilities coz it is not time to call in the judge and the jury on a doorway that only just opened...For now let's just smile and be happy that an African American did actually make it to the White House, that alone is a totally new chapter for the USA, whatever you think of the man.

PEACE OUT ...and I Smile
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote