View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Scientists Confirm Unexpected Gulf Stream Slowing

Hello All,
I received a response from an inquiry I made with the EPA, trying to confirm if there is a block from researching the Gulf Stream.

My question:
"Hello,
I am contacting you to confirm if there remains a block by the US Government on the Environmental Protection Agencies from researching changes in the Gulf Stream? This was apparently initiated in 2003 via the Bush Administration, and wanted to know it's current status?"

EPA's response:
Quote:
Thank you for visiting EPA's Climate Change site.
We are unaware of any effort to block research by any agency on the potential effects of climate change on the Gulf Stream.Please note; My inquiry was not pertaining to a block on Cimate Change effects on the Gulf Stream. It was changes in the Gulf Stream
To learn more about the potential impacts of future climate change on the Atlantic Meridonal Circulation, please see the Extreme Events page of EPA's Climate Change Site: http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/effects/extreme.html[/url]
We hope you find this information helpful
After clicking on the link provided, it was predominately information in their data base focusing on Extreme Events and Abrupt Climate Change with possible triggers, one being "a brightening or dimming of the sun". Now, if you scroll down, a reference to a National Resource Council report on Inevitable Surprises is also provided.
In a nutshell, this amount of information being provided simply on the premise of what was supposedly "C02" triggered, is quite significant. I think this answer is quite a bit of information that's in the public domain.

I've yet to receive a response from the EWG, an EPA employee or from the Team whom made this claim in their article.
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote