View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #746
nodrog
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Something is a brewing, HMMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
If the ETs stepped in to "SAVE" us from our own karmic lessons, then many here would fail to complete learning the things they came here to learn. This is why beings of more spiritually advanced societies are not allowed to interfere here...
I do feel a little disquieted by this response. I accept your belief as simply that - your belief. However, the karmic answer avoids responsibility for the suffering of others when perhaps it might be in our power to relieve it. In our own history, this has been used to justify the misfortunes of others as simply the "way things are" or "God's will" which might be another, equally convenient avoidance. ET's are restricted by whom? Some form of government? A common belief in universal karma? Is this the prevailing ET faith?

Perhaps you view my comments as primitive or childish, but my understanding does not easily embrace information that is not first hand. My limited perceptions rarely if ever go beyond the five senses.

I consider the biblical story of the Samaritan (moral: lend assistance to others if it is in your power to do so) to be ethically superior to the idea that one is to allow another's suffering to persist for the sake of their karma. Do I walk away when I see someone who has been mugged because I might disrupt their chosen karma? I find the affirmative to be somewhat difficult to justify to myself.

If I have overstated your position here then you have my apologies in advance, but perhaps you could enlighten me further?

Simply put, I would have little respect for an ET civilization that avoids or prohibits the principles embraced by the term "love your neighbor".

Kind regards, nodrog.
nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote