View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #17
Raskarcapac
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Questioning Zecharia Sitchin's work

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth and integrity View Post
Thank you Raskarcapac.
I have found Heiser’s analysis quite interesting and thoughts provoking. Jordan Maxwell provided finance for Sitchin’s work. Interestingly enough, Heiser’s analysis not only shows incompetence of Sitchin’s work but also that of J. Maxwell. Furthermore, if there is no any evidence of Nibiru in Mesopotamian text, his analysis put in question Bob Dean’s testimony. I guess the circle of mutual admiration is more evident.
Nibiru/Neberu is cited in the Mesopotamian tablets, no doubt about that. But:
- it is not the home planet of the Anunna(ki);
- it is difficult to determine which planet it actually is.

Based on the information we have, historians think the best match is Jupiter, but in some cases they think it is Mercury.

I think Immanuel Velikovsky and Anton Parks have the answer; that is, Nibiru is Venus and originally was the satellite of Mulge ("dark star"), a planet located between Mars and Jupiter which was destroyed and which remains form the asteroid belt.

The planet Mulge is cited in some Sumerian texts but the historians don't know what to do about it. If indeed it was located just before Jupiter, that explains why the historians think Jupiter is the best match for Mulge/Nibiru.

Things are further complicated by the fact that in some cases, Nibiru seems to be confounded with Mulge in the Sumerian texts.
Raskarcapac is offline   Reply With Quote