Thread: Vitamin D3
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vitamin D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Deacon View Post
Your sun is now radiating wavelengths which may be harmful to you - depending upon your skin color, your latitude, exposure time, bio-sys functions, etc.

Certain undesirable wavelengths have increased in intensity over the past few decades. This will not continue to be the case, as solar activity in general, is a cyclic thing... (this is not to say that Sol has been acting "normal" lately)

The energy efficient office lighting which many are exposed to for many hours each "day" is a wonderful source of UV... wonderful for stimulating growth of skin cancer, that is.
(If i am wrong about this... please correct me)

Vitamin D3 is one of my safety-net supplements. i take between 2000 and 5000 iu per day, which is totally harmless and quite beneficial.

The base solar cycle for this system is an 11+11 year cycle.

Vitamin D is the substance that works within the cell itself to instruct Messenger RNA to switch on or off. It also triggers/activates sections of DNA within the cell, thus various abnormal or supra-normal growth or reproduction can occur from excesses or deficiencies. Certain cells whose primary functions are to produce substances your body needs to regulate it's basic functions can be altered or in some cases fail to shut down when they should without vitamin D.

Sun exposure is vital to your well-being on this planet. Ten to fifteen minutes of direct sunlight a day on your body is healthy depending on your natural levels of melanin. It also is very important for serotonin release and healthy psychology.

One thing people should be aware of is smearing sunblock all over the organ that is thier skin. I won't get into it too deeply but lets just say its not healthy.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote